Thursday, July 13, 2017

Digital Papers Become Wearable - With Marie Claire Idees


Delighted to show you a new bracelet today!
I bet you are wondering where the sweet summer imagery is from.


One of my favorite magazines has always been the french edition of Marie Claire Idees.
I first discovered the magazine on a trip to France and was so happy when they went digital allowing me to download every issue six times a year! 

This month they included some paper designs for DIY projects. 
I did not want to let the month go by without actually using them.


I copied the digital papers to an 8 1/2 x 11 paper template and shrunk them for jewelry sized projects.
(FYI - I do not sell my jewelry, so this is not a copyright issue.)


Once I printed my digital images I used a one inch circle punch to pop out the designs I liked.  
Then I ran them through my tiny X Xyron tool which adds adhesive to the back of each circle.


After sticking the punched images into my bezels I also sealed them with several layers of clear drying mod podge.  This protects the paper from stains when you pour resin.

I also pulled out my box of Ranger's Ice Resin.  
This is a kit and already comes with cups, stir sticks, yorkie caps and instruction.


Humidity is high right now.  I let my sealed bezels dry a full 24 hours before mixing a batch of 
Ice Resin.  I poured my resin into my bezels and had a perfect cure a day later.


Once cured, my resin looks like glass.
I simply attached my new bezels to a bracelet and it is now a much more exciting piece of jewelry.



This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata.
Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

1 comment:

Resin Obsession Katherine said...

Love this Carmi. I have never seen that edition of Marie Claire, but I think I have to start getting this too!