Sunday, May 28, 2017

Miniature Orange Upside Down Cake - With UV Resin


The cutest cake ever!  
Plus, I made this without stepping into the kitchen!

I have been sharing my happy discovery of 
L Bell Japanese resin kits while in Hawaii for work.  
You can read more about that in the original post.


These were the samples in the Ben Franklin Hawaii store 
that made me want to create a tiny bakery in my studio.



The kits are just as cute as the final project.


I won't show you all the steps.  I followed their instructions and made layer after layer of resin, taking 3-5 minutes between cures in the UV lamp.

I did learn something new.  I need to add less pigment if I want to see through the layers better.  Next time I will definitely make my colored resin more transparent.


This is better than actual baking!


I honestly wish I had all the kits to make all these miniature desserts.  
Sadly, my luggage was already loaded down.

I do have quite a few more projects to make though! 
Come back soon.



This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata. 
Please do not repost any part of it without permission.