Sunday, February 12, 2017

Washi Tape and Resin Jewelry


These new bezels feature the most delightful imagery!


At Michaels this week I stumbled across a new line of products from an artist named Jane Davenport.


There were several collections of washi tape in her product line and I picked up two of them.


I work for John Bead Corp and lucky for me they have several bezel collections.  
I like working in both the deep and shallow bezels.


The washi tape is in various widths.  I collaged the imagery I liked into the openings.


This is how my bezels looked when I was finished working with the washi tape.
What you do not see is that I applied a layer of Mod Podge to seal everything into place.
I let that dry overnight.


I always like to have some glitter or metallic in my resin pieces.  
For this project I used thin lines of gold stickers.
Then I made a batch of Resin Obsession Super Clear resin to pour into my openings.


Something which I do, which is an extra step, is that I usually do two separate resin pours.
Pour one only partially fills each bezel opening.  This way I can be sure that everything cures beautifully and add something extra if it does not.


When the first cure was solid (one day later) I added some extra marker lines and dots.  This just adds some extra dimension to my pieces and these markings appear to float.
Then I mixed my second batch of resin and filled everything to the brim.


I love them!
I may do a third pour to create a dome on each piece.  
For now, they are ready to wear.


This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata. 
Do not repost any part of it without permission.

No comments: