Friday, December 30, 2016

Magnets from Christmas Cards


With the holidays coming to a close, I am starting to put away my Christmas decorations.
I like to start the New Year with a clean home, clean studio and a clean slate.


I also like to make something now to use the next year when my Christmas boxes and supplies are unpacked again.  I received some beautiful Christmas cards this year.  Many can be recycled.


I used my one inch circle punch to create some beautiful cropped images from these cards.


They are easy to glue into most standard circle bezels.  
I chose these bezels and purposely left the hook at the bottom of the project.


Since my Christmas cards were vintage, I was careful to seal the images before pouring in resin.
My resin pour turned all of my bezels into finished pieces.

I added charms and a magnet to the back of each piece.
Next year in November, these will be a delight to find and distribute to friends and family.


This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata. 
Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

1 comment:

emjay09 said...

What did you seal the cards with?