Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Steeples and Walls Buttons


I hope these buttons appeal to you as much as they do to me.  I love shiny new components!


They were made possible because I do all the social media for the John Bead Outlet in Toronto.
These incredible rhinestone edged bezels ended up in our 80% off clearance section.  
Designers make high-end buttons with them by inserting crystals.


In my last post I mentioned using Cerulun.  This is what I did with the leftover clay I made.
I just filled my bezels with clay.  Note the clay is slightly higher than the bezel edge.

"Swarovski has an incredible silver ceramic epoxy called Ceralun.
I have noticed that many artisans have made it their first choice for resin clay work.
I picked some up at BeadFx in Toronto and made this my week to finally work with it."


Then I "stamped" or pressed the clay into a rubber stamp.  The impression is subtle.


I let my clay complete cure.  You could see the steeples and walls clearly.


I used Staz-On Midnight Blue to colour the clay surface.


I also used some gold metallic rub-on to highlight the raised areas.


You would never image the patterns on my button were from a Christmas rubber stamp!

This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata. 
Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

No comments: