Monday, October 3, 2016

Glitter Bombing With Resin

You could spend hours and hours trying to recreate the look 
of an out of this world solar system with paints or markers
or
you could use my technique and create it in minutes!


Sometimes it is difficult to see clear resin in a metallic bezel.  I wanted you to notice that I mixed a batch of two-part resin and poured enough into each of these bezels to just coat the bottom of each piece.  (about 2mm depth)


Then I had a wonderful time shaking out glitters and flakes into each bezel.
I call this glitter bombing or glitter collage.


I knew that whatever stuck to the resin would cure into place.
Essentially, the resin is my glue.


You can see that in some bezels I didn't fill the bottom.  I allowed the glitter to clump in the middle of the piece showing off portions of the bottom metal.

My cross bezel was my favorite to glitter bomb.
I had been struggling to figure out how to work in this unique shape.


This style of resin work is my favorite because you just never know what will happen.
I left my work table like this for 24 hours and allowed the resin to cure.


The pieces turned out beautifully!
I brushed away any excess glitter.
I could have stopped right here but I wanted to make sure extra glitters would not flake away later.


So I made a second batch of resin and covered all the glitter with this second pour!


Honestly, they couldn't look more spectacular!


This cross is going right into a special wearable project.


I have enough one of a kind pieces for many, many projects!


This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata. 
Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

1 comment:

Stampendous said...

Looks like you've got a ton of glitter going here, Carmi!! Love love love that!!