Friday, September 16, 2016

The Coronation Copper Necklace


Looking for interesting bezels is a hobby and happily I found this copper bezel at the Bead and Button show several years ago.  Deciding how to use it took some time.  Napoleon imagery is a favorite and I have used "The Coronation" in several resin projects.  I never get tired of this painting and have viewed it in person many times while in Paris, so it brings me great joy to see it while I am home.  This pendant has been waiting for a very long time to be strung.
Today, after trying it with a dozen different designs over the last two years, it finally became wearable when I added the chainmaille copper necklace.  Simple always ends up best.



This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata. Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

1 comment:

Monica Lore said...

One of my favourites too. It's been many years since I've seen it in person - I remember seeing it in the National Geographic mag as a kid and being awed by it. I really like the unique shape you used to display it!