Friday, August 12, 2016

Clay Filled Bezels



I had a bigger project on the go this week and had some mixed resin clay left over.
I hate to waste even a small amount and always keep bezels handy on my table for this possibility.
Resin clay has about 30 minutes of open time.  After that is starts to harden and it is difficult to embed anything into it.  So, I had ten minutes to make up a mini project when I had no advance planning in mind.


Just to remind you, resin clay is very similar to resin.  
There usually is a part A and Part B and you have to mix equal parts to ensure it cures perfectly.
Here is a link to some popular brands of resin clay.  I use an epoxy resin...not polymer clay.


I simply pressed my clay into the bezels and then brushed some powders over the surface.  I use Perfect Pearls and Pearl-Ex often.


Then I stamped into the clay with an inked rubber stamp.
The ink keeps the clay from sticking to the rubber and the colour of the ink is an added feature.


I also pressed into the clay with a pick to add some holes.  A little gold market added some extra color.


Finally, I pressed a few crystals into some of the bezels too.
To make sure I do not have any colour running if the bezels were to get wet, I seal my cured pieces with some acrylic lacquer spray.

I now have a unique collection of bezels I can incorporate into other projects 
and I didn't waste an ounce of resin clay.



This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata. Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

No comments: