Monday, July 25, 2016

Mixed Media Monet Resin Pendant


I have a new necklace featuring an iconic 3D scene from a famous Monet painting.

Last summer a girlfriend presenting me with this sweet magnet after her family trip to Europe.
I took a picture of it to post on my special Facebook page about Paris.....
and then accidently dropped it.
The ceramic insert broke.


I noticed that my broken piece now fit into one of Susan Lenart Kazmer's bezels.
This is a very large bezel so the options were endless.


The magnet on the back of the ceramic would not come off, so I knew I would need to use some resin clay to set it into place snugly.


I coloured my excess resin clay with some green powders 
to add a little more color to my exposed areas.  
You might notice that the resin clay acts as a glue 
and a leveling feature since the back of my piece is uneven.


Then I started looking for some inclusions for the empty areas in the bezel.


At one point in my process I added some leftover teal resin from another project.


The fun really began when I started adding my own layers of resin and inclusions.
My flowers are able to stand upright in place because I used resin clay to set them as well.


This really is a mixed media pendant.
I used paper, dried flowers, paint, ceramics, colored resin, clear resin and plastic to complete their project over several months.



This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata. 
Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

1 comment:

Rijacki Ledum said...

Stunning!
Good re-use of a broken piece to "mend" it to be treasured for years to come.