Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Dried Flowers In Resin


I have been filling bezels with dried flowers this month and then covering them in resin.


My project began when I found this dried flower press in my shed.  This is the first summer in my new home and so I finding odds and ends as I sort and reorganize.


The previous owners started a wonderful perennial garden that I am now maintaining.  I imagine these dried flowers would have come right from our garden.


There were so many to choose from.


I filled so many bezels!


I honestly could not be happier with these pieces.


I even covered a journal.


Dried flowers are easy to work with.  You just have to be sure you seal them several times before pouring resin over them.  I have several posts on this blog already showing you this technique.



This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata.
Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have done some dried flowers in resin in the past. I love the look.