Monday, May 16, 2016

Resin in a Button Blank


Recently I had an opportunity to play in a special button blank exchange.


I mailed twenty of these unfinished rhinestone edged button blanks to friends to see what they would set or glue into the centre.



For my project I decided to use a special postcard I found antiquing.


A circle punch allowed me to pop out just the artwork I wanted to feature.


I glued my image into the blank and after the sealing my imagery for 24 hours I poured in resin.  No additional embellishment was needed since the rhinestone was already so spectacular.


If you would like to see what my crafty friends did with their blanks head over to my personal blog.




This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata. Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

No comments: