Thursday, March 10, 2016

Un Mounted Rubber - To Resin Shards


I am starting some new experiments pouring resin over my unmounted rubber stamps.


On the weekend I stumbled across this collection of rubber images (never used). 

It occurred to me that I had never really experimented with all the rubber I have in my studio in conjunction with my resin projects.  It would be great to use my rubber stamps more often.

I mixed a few batches of resin up and added some colorant from Resin Obsession.


The resin managed to stay relatively contained in these rectangular shapes.
I was not too concerned though...I was hoping for a "shard" effect with some rougher edges.

The resin peeled off the resin with ease once it was cured.
I used from metallic wax for some highlights.


I placed my "shards" in bezels and also added a little glitter glue to the edges.
I had planned to stop here...but was curious to see what would happen if I now poured clear resin over everything.


They look quite good now!


My shards are now under "glass" and the rubber stamp experiments shall continue.


This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata. 
Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

No comments: