Saturday, February 6, 2016

Ziggy Stardust - David Bowie Homage and Nunn Design Components


This necklace is my small way of acknowledging the loss of one of music's legends.
David Bowie is loved and respected by many people and I wanted to create a special keepsake.


It just so happened that Nunn Design sent me some of the items from their Winter 2016 collection.
The bezels gave me the canvas I needed for my project.  Plus, I was excited about the lightning bolt charm!

I found several images of David Bowie as Ziggy Stardust.  The iconic lightning bolt is tiny, but still visible to those who look for it, when I printed these three images on paper.


I placed my images in these new Nunn Design bezels and sealed the paper imagery three times with a decoupage medium.  I let the glue dry overnight.


I made a batch of resin and covered the clear and dry images the next day.

While I waited for my cure I gave some thought to my Nunn Design glass vial.  I wanted to add a little bit of my own "stardust" to the project so I pulled out some stones from my stash.


I hammered them until they were small enough to place in the vial.

The necklace featured brown and black glass beads so my pendant dangle works beautifully with it.
I always make two of anything (just in case something goes wrong) so I had one more bezel that I could add to this bracelet.  The lightning bolt is from Nunn Design as well.

I do hope you like one or both pieces.


If you would like to win your own set of the Nunn Design 2016 Winter Collection all you have to do is leave one nice comment on this blog post.  If you don't have an account (making you anonymous) you need to leave your name within the message.
OVER - Draw held on February 14, 2016.


This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata. Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

No comments: