Friday, February 26, 2016

Marbling Resin



Some days you just need to make something simple but special.


A few posts ago I showed you how I made a selection of geometric resin shapes in this unique mold using resin colorants from Resin Obsession.

You may have noticed another mold sitting right next to the project I was working on.
The frosted half melon shaped mold is where I poured all my leftover resin.


As I worked, I found that just a little bit of each batch of colored resin remained in my cups.  
I hate to waste even a drop of mixed resin so I always keep molds out and ready to pour into.

You can see in my picture what happened when I poured the leftover resin into each opening.
A marbling effect occurred.


I even had some left over clear resin (no colorant added) which I also poured into the cavity to sure my molds were full.

48 hours later, I popped them out.  
One finished resin bauble I popped into the pendant bezel setting you see above, 
the second will become a ring.



This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata. 
Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

No comments: