Monday, February 15, 2016

Eiffel Tower Resin Pendant from Ice Cube Tray


I can always use a little more Paris in my daily life.
So it would not be surprising that I picked up this cute ice cube tray featuring classic icons of Paris.


I used a very simple resin technique for this project.
I poured a batch of resin into the shapes I liked and then "dumped" a good portion of Stampendous glitters into the resin.

However I did do one extra thing.
I let the resin set for about 90 minutes before I poured in the glitter.
This ensured that all the glitter didn't just clump at the bottom of the mold.


When I popped my cured resin out of the mold (48 hours later) there were some rough edges on the side.  I sanded these away.


After sanding the back side I applied a painted layer of resin to the back to clean it up.
Then I drilled small holes through the sides.


My ice cube tray Eiffel Tower is now a fantastic pendant!



This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata. Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

No comments: