Friday, January 29, 2016

Geometric Resin Shapes


On more than one occasion I have seen unique geometric shapes being introduced in both the fashion and interior design worlds over the last few months.  The 70's are back.


I have been experimenting with products from Resin Obsession.  I love their brand new opaque colorants and their Super Clear resin has been a delight to work with.  
My Resin Obsession project posts are all linked here. 


I felt like a mad scientist mixing up different colors to pour into this ice cube tray.
Not all trays are alike.  This one is silicone so I knew my resin would cure and then pop out easily.


This is what my table looked like.  (The tray to the left I will share results with soon too!)

After a full two-day cure I popped out these super cool shapes.  
I took the time to sand and clean up the edges.


It was after the sanding that I noticed something that bothered me.  
The resin did not make it to the very tip of each mold.  
It looks like a little air bubble was blocking it.


This was a perfect opportunity for a creative fix.  
I glued a tiny crystal to each top.


My bracelet is done and it looks like it is from the 70's or a science fiction TV series.


This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata. 
Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

No comments: