Monday, December 7, 2015

Resin and Wire Angel




The Resin and Wire Angel 
or 
Homage to Amedeo Modigliani Necklace


by CHA Designer Member: Carmi Cimicata
This week I am participating in a special blog hop with nearly 60 Craft and Hobby Association (CHA) members from around the world who are coming together to help us celebrate the CHA MEGA Show 75th anniversary.  
My special necklace features wire work from CHA member Nancy Donaldson.
I often have no idea what my resin projects will be until after I select a bezel.


By the time Nancy handed me her wired bezel I just knew there was an angel piece in my future.



Coincidentally, I had just unpacked a piece of artwork I had created in a class taught by Anne Bagby many years ago.  I was learning how to layer papers and the Modigliani head managed to remain in the collage.  A scan of that artwork was easy to do and I simply shrunk it to bezel size in photoshop.



I placed my image in the bezel, sealed it and then added a relatively shallow pour of resin to encase it.



After the resin cured the green in the image really popped.  I decided to add some green to both my wiring and my necklace.



Beaded chain is easy to run through chain when the links are large.



Of course, I could not stop and ended up adding just a few more beads to the bezel itself.

I hope you have enjoyed visiting I Love Resin for this blog hop.
I'll be at the Craft and Hobby Association 75th Anniversary Show demonstrating 
in John Bead's booth.


By participating in the blog hop you will have an opportunity to win over $500.  Read more about everyone involved here.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments: