Friday, October 16, 2015

Sugar Skull Resin Filled Bezel

This resin filled bezel looks so amazing in person.  I wanted you to see what I used to create it.

The sugar skull image was a sticker.  As you can see it was printed on glossy paper.

I placed it into my bezel and then darkened the silver bezel with some gold.


I glued in place some rhinestone chain.  The colours matched perfectly to my color theme.
When my glue was dry I pour in some resin.


One of the techniques I am loving right now is allowing some of my glass glitters to remain on the surface giving my pieces a fabulous textured edge.  In order to do that, when my resin is partially cured (3-4 hours) I add my glitter late so that it does not sink to the bottom of the bezel.  
This is Stampendous glass glitter and I added it knowing I would brush away anything extra after the full 48 hour cure.  Right now it looks like I covered the rhinestones...but you can see in the finished pendant that no glitter stuck to the gemstones because there was no resin for it to adhere to.



This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata. 
Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

No comments: