Friday, October 30, 2015

Resin Obsession Teal Bird Emblem!

This bird emblem is a simple resin pour in a mold.  
I did not have to do anything special to get this gorgeous teal color.


I am starting to post the results of the experiments I have been conducting with Resin Obsession's new color pigments.  This post features the most beautiful TEAL color.


I used Resin Obsession Super Clear Resin along with their Teal Pigment colorant.
The color already looked smashing in my mix cup.

I did notice a few air pockets when I demolded the bird.  
These tiny holes are an opportunity for me to embellish.


 I drilled the holes a little bigger and selected two mores spots to balance out my design.  Then I glued in the tiny crystals you see in the first image.
I also made these fantastic matching cabochons with the leftover resin from my original mix.  I can pull together a spectacular piece with these components.



This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata. 
Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

No comments: