Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Resin Obsession Bright Green!


This is my favorite green.  
Creating an emerald color with resin has not been easy.  
Till now.

I am starting to post the results of the experiments I have been conducting with Resin Obsession's new color pigments.  Each project has me jumping for joy!
I am also using their Super Clear Resin for these projects.
I am sad it has taken me this long to try it.  The resin is spectacular.  I have had zero mixing issues and my cures are solid with not a bit of tackiness.


On my first day with the new pigments I made a small batch of several colors following the instructions provided.  I have noticed several interesting things.
Resin Obsession resin has WAY FEWER BUBBLES!!!  It mixes and de-bubbles almost on its own.
The color pigments stay mixed.  I assumed the color might clump, 
but it does not, it mixes beautifully.


The green I wanted to test in this mold I made of a jewel.  
I poured the extra resin into a round cabochon mold.


Here they are right out of the mold.  
As always, I did a little sanding to clean up some of the edges.

You can see how easy it will be to create unique and one of a kind components.
When resin is this good, it really does not need any additional embellishment.



By the way, I made the mold of the jewel in 25 minutes.
Read more about that here.


This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata. 
Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

No comments: