Sunday, October 25, 2015

Resin Obsession Bright Blue

Is there a better way to share the joy you feel when you make something 
so easy that ends up looking so expensive?  This necklace showcases a fabulous blue pendant.


Recently I shared on my Facebook page that Resin Obsession had sent me their new collection of color pigments for resin making.  


They also sent me their Super Clear Resin to work with.  
I decided to experiment with a few of my favorite colors.


I poured newly colored resin into a few of my own molds.


This mold is almost white.  It was in this moment that I thought 
I might be making something really great.


When all my resin pours were cured I removed them from their molds and sanded edges.
The blue resin object had to become my first finished piece.

The circle shape of my pendant is quite large (2 inches) and a standout component.  Happily I had a bezel I could glue it into.


Just a little bit of metallic rub-on highlighted my new resin image beautifully.
I also used a little acrylic spray to seal my rub-on.


This was the easiest project ever and the finished necklace is gorgeous!
I think it looks like blue lapis.


This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata. 
Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

No comments: