Sunday, October 4, 2015

One Day I'll Be A Crazy Old Lady Resin Filled Bezel!



A few months ago A fabulous illustration turned up in my Pinterest feed.
I adored the artwork and the quote seemed to have been written just for me!

Through an online search I tracked down the talented illustrator and spent a lot of time reviewing all of her other artwork on HelloGiggles.com.  The artist is Maritza Lugo and she is a self taught freelance artist.   She is known as an illustrator of HelloGiggles' Illustrated Tweet Of The Day and Maritza has drawn for MTV, HuffPo, and BBC America.  http://www.maritzalugo.com/

I wrote to Maritza and asked if I could use this artwork in a special post for I love Resin!  Many of you know, I do not sell my finished jewelry so Maritza understood this is a one time special project.  It is always important to ask an artist so you do not violate copyright rules.  Happily, I was given the go ahead!

My project was very simple.  I made the artwork a little easier to read vertically and then I cut and sealed it into the bezel setting.  After my glue dried (and several coats of sealing layers) I made a batch of resin which I poured into a bezels.


These are beautiful artist designed Instant Glam bezels from Metal Complex.  Fernando DaSilva designed them and I have several gorgeous projects on this blog that feature them.  You'll notice that I made three samples.  One of the bezels I also added some crystals to so I would have a backup brooch for another idea.

These are the finished resin filled bezels I needed for this project.  One I am sending to Maritza!


Mine needed a very special necklace.  I collect sample board whenever I find them and I joined six of these brooches to create a new over the top necklace. 



I hope you like it as much as I do!
Thank you Maritza!


This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata. 
Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

No comments: