Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Downton Abbey Resin Filled Bezels


I am starting to create some gorgeous Downton Abbey themed gifts!  Aren't these fantastic?
You could make them too!

This is possible because of a fabulous Crafters Companion Downton Abbey Triple Disc CD-ROM that was released in the UK a few weeks ago.  I just got my set to work with!
I have almost all of the Crafter's Companion CD Roms.  Their digital art is so easy to work with.  You simply select from thousands of options and print your images.


For my first projects this Autumn, I wanted to use some of the famous quotes from the TV series that are beautifully designed as card sentiments,  I simply printed the artwork smaller so they would fit in my tiny bezels.  I also wanted to feature the famous house, or Abbey as we say, since this is the most iconic symbol of the show.


Once my paper images were glued and sealed into my bezels I poured in resin.

If you are new to this blog, there are many many posts explaining 
how to mix and pour resin properly for bezel projects.


When my resin was super sticky (about five hours after the pour) I added some Stampendous glass glitters to the surface edges.  I do this so the glitter stays on top of the resin and adds an extra embellishment to the surface.
The glitter adds the touch of glamour I want.


One bezel I strung on a embellished silver chain and one on a super simple ball chain
  for friends who likes thing simple.

This brooch is for my rain coat.  It is tiny and reads:
"The world moves on and we must move with it."
Lady Mary

"I refuse to be SHOCKED"
Lady Rosamund
This piece is a work in progress.  I still have a few things I plan to do with this pendant.


The product line from Crafters Companion includes so many wonderful paper crafting items.  
There are embossing folders....

...dies and....

....rubber stamps!

I have so many ideas to turn these traditional paper crafting products into wearable jewelry!



This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata. Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

No comments: