Wednesday, August 5, 2015

The Bindi Project

Just when I think I can't make a new favorite
I have to announce,
this may be 
my all time funnest 
set of resin filled bezels!
I used bindis to create the kaleidoscope of colors in each bezel.
You might wonder what a bindi is.
They are the fancy adhesive backed embellishment 
you see on the forehead of women dressed in saris.
They make bindis for everyday and special occasion wear.
I love them because they are unique, 
often have tiny jewels attached 
and the base can be paper, fabric or even flocking like velvet.
 I created a collage in each bezel until the entire surface was covered.
 Many of the crystals are plastic so I protect them and the fabric from resin by sealing everything several times.  Remember to allow glue to dry at least 24 hours in humidity.  Everything needs to be bone dry before you pour resin over it.
I used a little glitter glue in spots if there was an open space.

I love how they turned out!


This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata. 
Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

No comments: