Thursday, July 16, 2015

Beaded Beads You Can Make In Moments

If you love the look of beaded beads you probably already know they do take some time to make and are pricey if you buy them individually.
I truly love unique beads so this is my way of creating them quickly and inexpensively.

I have written many posts on this blog showing you how simple it is to embed objects into resin clay.  These are just a few of the possible items you could use.
What makes my project so quick and cheap is that I added resin clay to wood bobbins that I painted beforehand in silver and gold.  Bobbin shapes are great because they create a channel to enclose the clay neatly.

I rolled my fibers into the clay and then added crystals.  
My final step was to roll the bead in a container of tiny glass beads.
The finished beads air cure in 24 hours but I let them continue to set for a full 48 hours before stringing them.
I hope this technique gives you some great ideas!



This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata. Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

No comments: