Monday, June 22, 2015

DecoArts Paper, Resin and Jesse James Beads

 This post features several new resin filled bezels inspired by a company known for its paint products.
 Last weekend, while attending a Craft and Hobby Association Canada DECP retreat I had the pleasure of attending a workshop with Tracy Moreau that was sponsored by DecoArts.
 During the class, Tracey gave us an advance look at the new DECOU-PAGE™ PAPERs  being released by the company.  
"Americana Decou-Page Paper is significantly thinner than most decoupage papers currently available at retail, which means it delivers an almost seamless finish. Extremely soft, durable, pliable, and workable, this special paper weight is so simple to use."
 As you can see, I just love these new tissue paper designs. 
I have always said when paper is beautiful it requires no additional embellishment.  
I cut the parts of the paper I liked best and placed them into my bezels.  I sealed the paper with several coats of DecoArt Decou-Page medium.  
When that was dry, I just poured in a layer of resin.  
My work was already done for me with this paper choice.
I wanted to make my necklaces quickly, so I turned to my stash of Jesse James bead strands.
These strands are wonderful to work with because they are already unique and unusual.  You don't need to buy a full strand of every different bead.  The two I selected show off my resin filled bezels perfectly.
I added some extra beads to this necklace to complete my look.

 This necklace is beads plus chain.
I like them both!
By the way, this is what we worked on in the workshop with Tracey.  
My decoupaged ring plates inspired even more jewelry!


This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata. Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

No comments: