Thursday, March 5, 2015

Preserving Fiber Arts In Resin Class For STITCHED 2015

These are the jewels I created featuring tatting preserved in resin for the 
Stitched 2015 workshop series.


If you come across vintage tatting, crochet or lacework while antiquing you will probably find many hand-embellished pieces that are worn, stained or torn.  
They still have value but are difficult to repair.

Many crafters incorporate these found pieces into new linens or wearables.  I have discovered that embedding portions of detail work in resin is possible and can result in some outstanding new art jewelry.  
In my workshop I will show you how I cut, assemble and protect vintage items and how to place them into a bezel.  I’ll explain the proper techniques to mix and pour resin and how to assemble a finished set of bezels into a statement necklace with handmade fabric buttons.






This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata. Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

No comments: