Sunday, March 22, 2015

Making a Mold with Three Objects For One New Brooch Design

Believe it or not these brooches are made from one single pour of resin.

The brooch began with three objects that I wanted to make a mold of:
vintage plastic heart
a piece of fools gold
a crystal.


I used silicone rubber to make my mold and you can read more about that process in an earlier blog post linked here.


This is how I arranged my pieces before I covered it in silicone rubber.

video

The mold making is described in this 2 minute video.
Pinbacks were glued to the back of my new resin brooches.
I used metallic gold rub-on to highlight my resin rock on this piece.


 Also, take a look at many Silicone Rubbers from different companies.



This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata. Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

No comments: