Thursday, February 5, 2015

Mold Making Inspired by Paris - Part One


Last year, at one of the most beautiful department stores in Paris, The Bon Marche I spotted this one of a kind necklace.  I have been thinking about it for six months and I am inspired to create something influenced by this picture.

This vintage plastic pendant will be what I use for my necklace idea.  I am making a mold so I can duplicate it many times.


Moldmaking is a breeze!  I have quite a few examples already on this blog.  EasyMold is a great product to use because you can make a mold in just three minutes!


Here is my mold.  The most important advice I can give you is that even though you have mold in 3 minutes, it does not mean you can use it right away for resin projects.  You need to let the mold "rest" for 24 hours before pouring resin into it.  

My mold look excellent!



So excellent in fact I made two so my project will go quicker!


I have eight to ten pieces to mold.


Where to get EasyMold?  Amazon is your fasted bet!

 
This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata. 
Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

3 comments:

Stampendous said...

Can't wait to see the finished piece...bet it will be gorgeous!!!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

You make it look so simple, Carmi. Your tutorials convinced me to try my hand with resin (and I now love it). Will making my own molds be next?

Carmi Cimicata said...

Eileen, it really is simple! I know you will have great success making a mold!