Friday, February 6, 2015

Mold Making Inspired by Paris - Part Two


I have finished my necklace using the resin jewel components I made with my new molds.


In yesterday's post I showed you how I ended up making two molds of the same original plastic component.  I poured resin into these molds over several days in order to have enough for my finished necklace.



I tested several colours and in the end liked my black and ivory components best.
(My original component is the purple one in the centre,)


I made little holes in my pieces so I could place a screw eye into each molded resin duplicate.


Here is a closer look at the small screw eyes.


I choose pearls and a few glittery components to string this into my final piece.  
I have a feeling I might be restringing it though.  I tried not to make it identical on each side, but I think I prefer to keep the two black components side by side.

Part One of this post is linked here.


This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata. 
Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

No comments: