Wednesday, February 11, 2015

For The Love Of Resin Collaboration - Post One



For The Love of Resin
2015 Collaboration

Over the Christmas holidays I sent two of these heart shaped bezels to 25 artists.

I am thrilled to show you what they returned to me 
in a blog series starting today.

One heart was for each artist to keep 
and one was to work in and send back to me as a finished project.

There were no rules.  Just a return deadline.

They were simply asked to use any resin or resin clay they liked for their submission.

Today, being the first day of my series, I will focus on just one artist.
These pieces were created by my friend Nancy Donaldson.

Whenever I get a zany idea to do a collaboration I always worry "what if no one will join in."

Nancy is the friend I give extra bezels to because I know she'll make additional pieces if I don't get enough participants.  Happily, I am always wrong and the response has been brilliant!  

That didn't stop Nancy though!  

Allow me show you everything she made for 
"The Love of Resin."  

Artist:  Nancy Donaldson


This heart bezel was upgraded to spectacular with the addition on some wire wrapping and hot red jewels.  Note the vintage paper and tiny red glass beads embedded in resin.  The beads frame the words, which you can see including heart.

 This bezel was filled with resin clay and gold beads, a flower and angel charm were all carefully pressed into place.  A simple but elegant design.
The heart beat bezel!
These red wire lines made me immediately think of a heart monitor and my own heart rate increased when I pulled this out of the submission box.  The bezel itself has flakes of glitter and the letters XOXO made with an old fashion label maker embedded in resin.  I have pulled out my old DYMO Office Mate II so I can remember to punch my own words out in the future too!

Charmed I am sure.
This pretty little setting is a true Valentine greeting.  I believe that is St. Valentine with an arrow.

Okay.
Full stop.
Candy.
Words.
Resin.

How brilliant is this idea?  That is real candy beautifully and permanently encased in resin.


Because Nancy is Nancy, 
all her submissions were finished into necklaces.
I am so happy to share them as well in the hopes you will get some inspiration for your own heart shaped pieces.

The touches of red make these pieces pop.

I am crazy for the simple red beads finishing this design fabulously.

Adding the extra box charm pulled everything together for this necklace.


I know.  No words.  It is so good.
I hope you love these as much as I did.

Just wait till you see what everyone else did.
One tiny heart.
So many unique projects!

Post One of this series linked here.
Post Two of the series linked here.
Post Three of the series is linked here.
Post Four of this series is linked here.
Post five of this series is linked here.
Post six of the series is linked here.


This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata. 
Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

7 comments:

nancy lynn donaldson said...

thanks for the challenge Carmi, it was fun! once I got started I couldn't stop, so many ideas to fill such a time space

TesoriTrovati said...

Great idea! I love the caged heart and the heart beat. So fab! Your collaborations were always so much fun. In fact, today I just happened upon the collaboration with the pocket watch and remembered putting that together. Glad to see that your passion is still coming through! Enjoy the day. Erin

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

Beautiful works! Nancy is so talented!

luluvision said...

Oh my goodness!! Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful!! So very inspiring! Thank you Nancy for sharing all this and thank you Carmi for organizing all this!

Ava Gavloski said...

always enchanted with any creation by Nancy.

Renee M said...

Wow--such a treat to see the creativity of all of these designs! Thanks for sharing :)

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

What brilliant renditions using a simple bezel! The heart beat one is so clever and cute. I love the candy one. The top wire-wrapped heart is gorgeous - just stunning.

The Evolution of Nancy - just what I need, another blog I just have to follow ;-)