Tuesday, February 17, 2015

For The Love of Resin 2015 Collaboration Post Five


For The Love of Resin 2015 Collaboration Post Five
Over the Christmas holidays I sent two of these heart shaped bezels to 25 artists.  I am thrilled to show you what they returned to me in this blog series.

One heart was for each artist to keep 
and one was to work in and send back to me as a finished project.  

Post One of this series linked here.
Post Two of the series linked here.
Post Three of the series is linked here.
Post Four of the series is linked here.
Artist: Katrina Hultgren

Katrina send me both her completed hearts.  I have no idea why I didn't think they would be perfect earrings too!  In her note she said "it didn't seem right to break up the group."  Thank you!  The earrings have a card stock paper background with glitter glue and resin clay hearts.  The extra purple heart she sent is just lovely!  This collection makes a complete set of jewelry.
Artist:  Deb Fortin

This is a bezel you would want to see in person.  The heart seems to be filled with metal but in fact Deb embedded the fiber cord you see attached as the bow.  Isn't that brilliant? Tiny pearls match the heart shape and then you see a hot red heart which is also under a layer of resin.  
This is such a different heart because it makes one wonder what other fibers they might have that would look great under a resin dome...

Artist:  Cindy Goldrick

Cindy embossed 30 gauge copper in order to get that gorgeous background.  She coloured it with inks so the shapes and lines are easy to spot.  The bronze jump rings are arranged in a pattern called a "Mobius knot."  The red crystal is Swarovski and everything is held in place with resin.



This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata. Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

3 comments:

luluvision said...

Oh my gosh! I thought Deb used metal too! Wonderful submissions!

Renee M said...

All are great creations! I'm smacking my forehead about the earrings. A wonderful idea that never entered my mind. :)

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

They're all very ingenious as well as lovely! Earrings - wish I'd thought of that. A mobius knot for eternal love - perfect. Wish I could see the fiber cord heart up close. It looks exactly like a beautiful Victorian filigree pendant.