Monday, January 19, 2015

The Big Wood Button Resin Project



These wood buttons are HUGE.  They are 2 1/4 inches wide and ideal for resin projects.
These components were the perfect way to show off some gorgeous illustrations I found in a vintage German ladies publication.

The open space in my button was 1 1/4 inches.  I cut out my heads and carefully sealed the paper with three different coatings of mod podge.  I let each coat dry completely and then set aside the buttons to dry overnight.


Sealing paper is very important if you want your artwork to look just as good, if not better under resin.  You can see in the above "bad sample" what my heads would have looked mike if I had not sealed the paper properly.


I added some glitter glue to the edges also.
When the glitter glue was dried I simply poured in my resin.


The finished buttons are going to become brooches.
30% OFF Valentine's Sale

I know you want to know more about where I got these buttons!
I have had excellent service shopping on 8season.com.
The link to this awesome collection of buttons is here.
One package is $6.00 so you will have amazing pieces for less than a dollar each.
You can buy packages of just the style you like too!


 
I used Jewelry Resin for this project.

 This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata. 
Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

3 comments:

Stampendous said...

Super love these buttons! I can so see them filled with our smaller stamp images! Thanks for sharing, Carmi!

Carol McCready said...

Love the buttons.

Eileen Bergen said...

What a great idea, Carmi! The buttons are so unique and quite a bargain. Thanks for the glitter glue border idea. A perfect way to cover any unsightly edges on the images.