Friday, January 2, 2015

Painting to Wearable Art Keepsake Necklace!

My first post for 2015 features a piece of art from an artist I admire.


Nancy Donaldson is known for her encaustic paintings.  At her show/sale in November I was the first in line to pick this painting which featured teal, a colour she had not used in the past.


With her permission, I scanned the painting to make tiny copies.

Her painting looks amazing under resin in these bezels.

Artwork encased in resin created a compact, wearable keepsake.

Reminder:  I would never do this without the express consent of the artist.

7 comments:

nancy lynn donaldson said...

wow! this looks amazing, a wonderful ideas, wearable art!
the new blog looks wonderful, can't wait for more exciting new projects

Carmi Cimicata said...

Nancy, I could not be happier knowing that you are the first person to leave a comment on my new blog!

nancy lynn donaldson said...

can I repost this on my blog?, introducing you to my world and linking back to you

Carmi Cimicata said...

Absolutely!

Joanne Huffman said...

Beautiful use of a beautiful piece.

alexa said...

Did anyone ever try waterproof paper to print on..I did.

alexa said...

I had success with ws tempting paper for printing my images on ..