Thursday, January 29, 2015

Liberty of London Resin Bezels

On my personal blog I have been posting images of a series of crazy cuffs I made throughout 2014.
This is cuff number 14.

 What makes my cuff special is the one of a kind resin filled bezels that I featured.  
 The bezels feature artwork I punched from a fabulous hang tag I found on a Liberty shirt I purchased.  (Liberty is a UK company and I am certain it is my destiny to shop in their store in London.)
 I made three bezels using my standard techniques.  
1. Punch out image.
2. Glue image into bezel and seal paper several times.
3. Pour on resin and let cure.

However,
at the end of my cure I found a pesky air bubble right here on my piece.
 This is an easy repair.  I simply sanded away the bubble and applied a second glaze coat of resin which I also allowed to cure for another day.
With three perfect bezels to play with it was time to see what Liberty fabric I had in my stash to work my cuff design around.
Here is my cuff in progress.
I just sew bead after bead after bead willy nilly all over my cuff.
I never have an advance pattern.

This is the finished cuff and I am looking forward to wearing it!


This post written, designed and photographed by Carmi Cimicata. 
Please do not repost any part of it without permission.

1 comment:

luluvision said...

This is beautiful Carmi! As is all of your cuffs! I would love to try to make one one day!