Wednesday, May 14, 2014

EastCast Tips and Inspiration - Post Three

My resin hearts turned out just perfect!
 These castings were hard to pre-judge.  I just kept adding vintage metal letters, dried flower, glitter glue, opalites and paint to my first clear layer of resin.
 The rose was a test.  I was not sure if it would work with the letters.  
 When I popped the castings out of the mold they looks really pretty.
When molded pieces are this good I do not like to drill holes into them.
I prefer to glue bails to the reverse. (bails shown in picture)
The bails make them easy to hang, as I did, on to my necklace.

EastCast Tips and Inspiration Post One

EastCast Tips and Inspiration Post Two

EastCast Tips and Inspiration Post Three

EastCast Tips and Inspiration Post Four

These posts were designed, photographed and written by me.
They appeared on Resin Crafts Blog.

3 comments:

Diana Balot Frank said...

Do you use mold release in the molds?

Carmi Cimicata said...

In soft silicone molds I usually do not. I do test them all first and foremost to make sure they release easily.

Carol Briody said...

Hi Carmi,
These turned out beautifully! Question:do the hearts have a faceted perimeter from the mold? I can't quite tell from the pics..they are so amazingly clear, I know it must be a challenge to photograph some of these (that's a compliment!). If those are facets, wow, neat!