Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Bottle Cap Magnets - Meet The Brazen Broads



These bottle cap magnets are the result of me going on a little buying trip to Hobby Lobby.
This collection of vintage bottle caps was on sale, so I could not resist picking up a pack...even though I already have 1000 bottle caps in my stash....
The artwork is a digital download from Jewelry Foolery and appropriately titled; Retro Brazen Broads.  They did make me laugh!
I picked up a new one inch circle punch while I was shopping.  It makes these project super easy.
Jewelry Foolery already resized the images to be a perfect one-inch circle.
These were among my favorite images.
I glued in and sealed my images and let them dry overnight.  Now that there is a little more humidity I need to make sure glue is 100% dry before I pour in my resin.
The last thing I did before I poured in resin was to add a little glitter glue to the circle edges. I love my new bottle caps!  I added magnets to the back and they are ready to be revealed on the fridges of friends!

This post was designed, photographed and written by me.
It appeared on Resin Crafts Blog.

2 comments:

Carla Collier said...

HA! You beat to this one girl!! It was going to be a post on my new blog when it goes live :) I bought the exact same bottle caps. I made some cute necklaces with bead dangles AND some magnets. And yes, Hobby Lobby is selling the jewelry clay and has been for a while now. It was on sale a few weeks ago and i picked up the last two they had!! lol And i have already saved a page on what i made with it for my blog! I'll send you a link when i get it up and running. XO

dragonswing said...

Wish the Hobby Lobby store around me would carry it. I even asked and they said they never heard of it.