Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Tips to Create One of A Kind Clay Pendants

 I love to make jewelry components that are unique.  These two pendants are bright and fresh and will look wonderful strung with beads.
 I am using a clay transfer technique that I have already shared several times on this blog.  This is Jewelry Clay curing on a piece of Print n' Press transfer paper.  The images I selected are vintage fabric patterns.
 One of the things I like to do is to colour the back side of the curing pendant with a powder such as this one from Pearl-Ex.  This way, when my clay is cured, the back looks as good as the front.  The colours cures in place and I usually seal it with either a decoupage medium or Resin Spray.
 When the clay is wet, it is also a good time to make a hole.  
Then, when the clay is cured, it can then be worn instantly.
The last technique I will share is to rubber stamp onto the back if you like.  You can see that the clay holds stamped images beautifully.

This post was designed, photographed and written by me.

It appeared on Resin Crafts Blog.

2 comments:

Nicole B said...

I love this, I like how the back is nice too!

Renee M said...

These are so cute! And I love the idea of stamping on the back side.