Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Original Ephemera in High End Bezels

This new bezel is from the Instant Glam by Fernando collection from Metal Complex.
When I work in a special bezel I feel compelled to use something unique and special.
This vintage Notre Dame postcard was a risky selection.  The reason I say risky is because I planned to use my original (not a photocopy) AND the image was printed on a velum like paper.
I cut a template out of wax paper to act as my guide for cutting my image.

Then I sealed my image with Ultra-Seal.

I write a lot of how-to posts reminding you to seal your paper or fabric before you pour resin over it.
As you can see from the picture above, I used a paint brush to paint my sealer over my image.
I seal my image and then let the sealer/decoupage medium thoroughly dry before I add a second and third coat.  
Three coats is my recommendation for insuring that you image will not stain under a resin pour.
All of these sealers and decoupage mediums are in my studio.  Essentially they are a glue and a sealer.  I can recommend you use any of these products.
I added some rhinestone chain to create this pretty edged effect.
My last step was to pour in resin.

This post was designed, photographed and written by me.
It appeared on Resin Crafts Blog.

4 comments:

the junk in our trunks said...

Very pretty, I love it.

Nicole B said...

There is something about this image that gets me. I think its the baby with its arms out like "HELLOOOOOO"! love it.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Lovely. Thak you for the tips on sealers and sealing. Sometines I forget!

Becky Pancake said...

Beautiful ! I went with my sister's family to the science museum and saw the Maya exhibit. I want to make resin jewelry for the kids from Maya letters I got there but I have been nervous to try it. Your post has inspired me to do just that.