Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Nunn Design Brooch

 I feel like this brooch should be called "Hello there."  
My Gal is definitely waving you over.
 These are some of the new brooches I received from the latest Nunn Design collection.  They already have pin backs, so in order to work on a flat surface I built these walls of cardboard.
Now my pin back is set to work in and I won't have an awkward resin pour.
 I am also using actual postage stamps for my background image.
 Some of the lettering from the stamp was still visible after I cut my oval shape.  Dried leaves were easy to add to cover this.
You'll notice that I sealed my paper and my dried leaves with a decoupage medium.   Sealing very thin paper like postage stamps will ensure that I do not get a resin stain.  
I also added my plastic miniature lady at this point.
After the paper and dried leaves were thoroughly dry I poured in my resin.

Spring 2014 Nunn Design Projects

Pearls in Nunn Design Brooch

Crystals in Nunn Design Brooch

Nunn Design Brooch

Retro Fabric Transfer to Clay in NunnDesign Bezels

On the sidebar “Nunn Design” is a great link for similar projects.

These posts were designed, photographed and written by me.
They appeared on Resin Crafts Blog.

6 comments:

West Pine Creations said...

Where did you find the small figurine. Looks great!

Carmi Cimicata said...

These are model train people.

Nicole B said...

OMG look at the container full of little people! That is awesome. Do you press your own flora? I have been lately with all the spring happening around me...

Becky Nunn said...

Love this Carmi! I'm obsessed with the little people!

Ava Gavloski said...

theses bezels are so lovely, great retro look

Andy M said...

This is adorable!
Love the bezel