Thursday, November 21, 2013

How to Recover From a Jewelry Clay Mistake

These bezels are fun and easy to make.  
What is important about them is that they are mistake pieces that I have saved.
 A few weeks ago I set up my table to work on eight Jewelry Clay filled bezels.  I was rubber stamping into them (the clay filled bezels) and a few of my stamped impression did not turn out as planned.
Stamping mistakes in clay are relatively easy to fix.  I can remove the clay and start over.  The ink is hard to remix into the clay, so I usually start fresh.  Or I do what I will show you in these next pictures.
 I have containers of loose beads just waiting for this to happen.  I just press the clay filled bezels right into them.
 Tiny glass beads fill any missed spots.
 Then I brush Pearl-Ex over the surface.
 You would think this was the plan all along.
My mistakes become some of my best samples!

This post was designed, photographed and written by me.
It appeared on Resin Crafts Blog.

No comments: