Friday, September 6, 2013

Up-cycling With Resin

 This sweet new belt was a special up-cycling project.
I love to turn something destined for the trash bin into something new and artistic.
 A few years ago I found this belt buckle set in an old box in an antique dealers shop.  I spray painted the buckle gold and didn't know what do next.  This week I finally found the perfect images which I placed in the buckle bezel opening and covered with resin.
 Then I added little bit of rhinestone for decoration and a new leather section for the belt.
Isn't it fun?
There is very little that I make that doesn't include a resin pour!  If an object has an opening, it can easily be turned into something new.

This post was designed, photographed and written by me.

It appeared on Resin Crafts Blog.

No comments: