Friday, September 20, 2013

Shell Pendant Ideas With Jewelry Clay


 This new pendant is a great way to explain how Jewelry Clay is ideal for any sort of dimensional work.  In my case I am making jewelry.  For those of you who work with miniatures, build model train cities or work on assemblages and other hobbies I know you will see how the clay has many different applications.

 The project begins with a few items.  A shell I picked up in Florida, miniature ceramic lady, some old rhinestone chain, crystals, screw eyes, gem stone ships and Jewelry Clay.

 My shell has a very thin edge.  In order to make my rhinestones sit flat, I built up a ridge.

 I also used the clay to attach my lady and gemstones.  See how my rhinestones are all facing straight up now?  I also attached my screw eyes at this point so that when the clay was cured this pendant would be instantly wearable and I could attach anything to the bottom.

My last step was to apply some silver Pearl-Ex.  This powder just clings to any exposed clay and makes my rhinestones look like they were soldered in place.

This post was designed, photographed and written by me.
It appeared on Resin Crafts Blog.

1 comment:

Beetique said...

I alos like clay for attaching those elements