Monday, September 9, 2013

Jewelry Resin In a Baking Pan

 This is an easy way for me to create a tiny piece of art in an old vintage pan.
I did two separate resin pours to make it look as though my beads were floating.
 Whenever I see these baking pans in antique markets I can't resist picking them up.  The usually range in price between $1 to $3.  I keep two or three out on my work table and whenever I have left over resin from a project I usually pour it into one of these pans.  This way when I go to work in them, the artwork is not all the way on the bottom, but about 1/3 of the way higher in the pan.
 In this pan I had some left over black coloured resin.  I stuck this sticker to the surface and sealed the paper like I always do.  (see "sealing" on side bar if you need more information)
I glued sequins in place as a frame.
 Then I made a small batch of Jewelry Resin which I poured into the pan.  That was the first of two pours I used for this project.
 When the first layer of resin had cured I then glued on these red seed beads.
I covered them with the second pour of Jewelry Resin.
Seed beads are great embellishments.  They can create tiny air pockets though.  I did miss these two bubbles though!  I only noticed them cured in place once I had taken my pictures for the blog post.
These can be used as great Christmas tree ornaments!

This post was designed, photographed and written by me.

It appeared on Resin Crafts Blog.