Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Mariage Frere Tea Project


 Every year I buy one container of tea from Mariage Freres in Paris.  They package a "limited edition" tea each year into a designed metal canister.  I am not sure if I like the tea as much as I like the canister.....so I buy one every year to add to my collection.  I absolutely love their choice of colours, design and packaging.
Like every year, I punched one inch circles from the box and stuck them into my bezels.
I sealed all my paper with three coats of decoupage medium.  
I let the decoupage medium dry overnight.  The humidity does effect drying time so I wanted to be sure the glue was 100% dry. 
All those white sections are prone to staining otherwise.
I then poured a small amount of resin into each bezel, permanently encased the packaging.
The bezels are just perfect!  Now I need to think of my design for a necklace!
Here is the 2012 Mariage Frere Project
This is the 2011 Mariage Frere Project

This post was designed, photographed and written by me.
It appeared on Resin Crafts Blog.

6 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

I love that you do this every year. The red and white and black is such a classic color palette and I love the sweet blooms. Looking forward to your new project! Enjoy the day. Erin

Beetique said...

cool

Melissa Wong said...

This is so amazing!

Sabrina said...

Just so beautiful and gorgeous!!! I really love the Purple bracelet!!

Anonymous said...

Really beautiful necklaces. Nice packaging, but when you make it into a necklace, it really looks great. Can't wait to see what new design this necklace will have. I like both the older ones.

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

Wonderful projects, Carmi... I especially love that you are upgrading a pretty packaging which would otherwise be thrown away!