Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Gather Shells If You Are At The Beach!

For those of you vacationing for July 4rth at the beach this is a little reminder to gather some small shells for your resin projects.  Shells in resin look great...but shells attached with resin clay look even better!

For my pendant I started with a finished shell component that already had drilled holes.  Jewelry Clay and blue Pearl-ex was all I needed for my project now. 

 I placed some Jewelry Clay on the edge of my pendant and then artfully arranged my shells into it.  Even tiny glass beads stuck to the clay perfectly.  Then I brushed Pearl-ex over the whole project   Pearl-ex only clings to the clay, so when my piece was cured I brushed away the excess.
So gather some shells this week if you can.....and pick up some Jewelry Clay in your travels too!

This post was designed, photographed and written by me.
It appeared on Resin Crafts Blog.

No comments: