Friday, June 21, 2013

Craft and Hobby Association - Canada Designer Section

Last weekend I hosted in my studio the 1st Designer/Educator Sub-Committee meeting for a new "Section" we are building within the Canada Craft and Hobby Association Chapter.
I am pretty sure that the group opted to meet at my studio because they knew we would have some crafty fun. 

I set up our meeting table to look like a craft store exploded.
  
When I teach resin to a new group I try to use only items that do not require "sealing."  There is never enough time to let items dry thoroughly, so everything I placed on the table could be covered/embedded with resin without the added step of sealing it first.
They jumped right into the projects!
The bezels I am showing you today were made by Brenda Greenwood-Vernem.  Brenda works for Westcott and like a lot of craft professionals does not always have time to play.    She used everything on the table!  Her bezels are gorgeous.  She left them with me to cure and I am not sure I will be returning them......

If you are a professional designer I strongly urge you to consider becoming a member of the Craft and Hobby Association.  If you are a Canadian Designer, you can be in two groups like I am!  
We have some super exclusive events planned and there are going to be opportunities for demonstrating jobs as well!

This post was designed, photographed and written by me.
It appeared on Resin Crafts Blog.

3 comments:

NicoleB said...

I love the blue one in the silver tone bezel!

Vitalija said...

I also like blue one :)

p.s. jewelry clay giveaway http://haveyoumetvita.blogspot.com/2013/06/jewelry-clay-giveaway-until-06-30.html

Iaryylr yylriar said...

very interesting crafts, develop ideas and creativity!