Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Jewelry Clay Shaped and Rubber Stamped - Part One

 This project is very difficult for me to photograph.  
What I would like you to see is a group of pendants curing on my table which I have made from a batch of Envirotex Jewelry Clay.  
This first pendant I made by pushing this silver open circle into my clay to create a frame.  I then stamped a design into the clay with the button you see next to it.  I didn't use any ink, so it is hard to show you the stamped design.

Tip:  I use a little baby powder to ensure my surface is really non stick.
 This pendant is also stamped and I pressed into the clay some embellishments and an eye hook (top edge.)
 These pieces have some crystals embedded and note that I made some holes in them for later.
Finally, this open bronze bezel I also pushed into our clay and cut away the excess.  I have rubber stamped an image and added some powdered colour pigment.
All of these are air curing overnight!  Wait till you see how they look finished!

This post was designed, photographed and written by me.

It appeared on Resin Crafts Blog.

3 comments:

Kathy Lindemer said...

I can't wait for part 2!

Beetique said...

I got to find some of this

Trish said...

Thank you spoon much Carmi. I was just about to give up on my jewelry making because I CANNOT get any wholesale bezels. Now I know that with the clay I don't need it, these look beautiful. Thanks so much for showing me!