Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Jewelry Clay Rubber Stamped Pendants/Dangles Part One

 I have been having a great time making the most unique and interesting pendants with Jewelry Clay!
 Today I am going to show you how I made a double sided dangle with one clay ball.  You can see here, that I have two different rubber stamps.
 I did something daring!  I pat/pressed my resin clay ball into place, right on the rubber stamp.
 Then I applied Staz-On black ink to my other rubber stamp and pressed it into the clay.  Now both sides were stamped and I knew I would be letting the clay cure in place overnight.
 I added a little silver screw eye at the same time.  This clay cured and made this a perfect attachment.
 The next day I peeled my clay pendant away from the rubber background stamp.  The impressions I wanted are now embossed permanently.

I added colour to my new dangle with acrylic paints.  Tomorrow I will show you what I did with the second ball of clay!
 
There are already well over 30 posts dedicated to our new Envirotex Jewelry Clay.  Learn more by clicking the Envirotex Jewelry Clay sidebar link.

Jewelry Clay Rubber Stamped Pendants/Dangles- Part One

Creating Stamped and Coloured Double Sided Clay Pendants –Part Two

These posts were designed, photographed and written by me.

They appeared on Resin Crafts Blog.

6 comments:

Trish said...

I especially like the back side of it and the gold color you used, it looks very elegant :)
Maybe you should consider doing another blog tutorial dedicated to the beaded chains you make, you have unique designs, I like what you did with the ribbon (assuming that you made them, you barely mention these beauties)

Becky Nunn said...

Love it Carmi!

Beetique said...

Looks great

daisylover said...

I agree with Trish. I like your posts on making clay beads, dangles but I would really like to know how you made this beautiful bracelet- I too love the ribbon addition.

Carmi said...

You probably do not know that I also work for one of the biggest bead wholesalers in North America....so I write and design jewelry projects all the time. Here is a little bit about this bracelet: http://blog.dazzle-it.com/?p=1125

Monica Lore said...

Cool idea! Did you add any kind of release to the background stamp you used for the reverse side?