Thursday, March 28, 2013

Nunn Design Week - Clay and Resin Projects


I have two very different projects to share with you today featuring Nunn Design bezel pendants from the Winter Collection.

As you can see, I am having great success working with these beautiful components.
 My bird pendant was created by filling the silver bezel with Jewelry Clay.
 Then I inked my rubber stamp and simply stamped into the clay.
 When my clay was cured I coloured it with some metallic wax and it was ready to add to the necklace.
My angel pendant was a classic resin clay project. I did two pours of resin.  The first to encase the Japanese paper and set the angel.
Then I added my heart and filled the bezel to the brim with resin.  The heart appears to float now.
The jewelry is making itself!  When you work with beautiful embellishments I think it will always inspire you to create gorgeous finished pieces.


Nunn Design Week - Clay and Resin Projects

Nunn Design Winter Collection Projects –Two

Nunn Design Winter Collection Projects

These posts were designed, photographed and written by me.
They appeared on Resin Crafts Blog.

The Nunn Design give-a-way for the Winter Collection is linked here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where do you buy metallic wax? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Carmi said...

http://www.amazon.com/Craf-t-Products-Metallic-Rub-On-Color/dp/B0013LB77K

Anonymous said...

Thanks bunches! I searched Amazon but was searching metallic wax. Shipping is a little crazy, but so is everything to Hawaii =P Do you use something to seal it after applying?

Carmi said...

I use a spray acrylic sealer usually, or I brush on a decoupage medium to be sure it does not rub off again!

Anonymous said...

Thanks again. Wasn't sure what would stick to it =)